- May 04, 2012 10:00am - Calendar View
- Grand Pavillion, Melbourne Showground, Victoria - View Map
- 4 – 6 May 2012
2012 MELBOURNE INTERNATIONAL COFFEE EXPO promises to be a premium experience unlike any other. From 4 – 6 May 2012, the Grand Pavilion at the Melbourne Showgrounds will be ignited with 100 coffee industry exhibitors, making this 2012 M.I.C.E the largest dedicated coffee tradeshow ever to be staged in Australia.
The ‘who’s who’ in the coffee world will showcase the best the industry has to offer. With 8000sqm of space dedicated to this debut event, the 2012 M.I.C.E will engage all spectrums of the coffee industry, including; green bean traders, wholesale roasters, commercial and domestic equipment, cafés and franchises, coffee equipment, accessories and education and training.
Everyone’s invited to the coffee event of the year! Friday 4 May and Saturday 5 May will feature trade promotion and Sunday 6 May will continue to attract trade activity and be open to the general public.
The May event will host the AustralAsian Specialty Coffee Association (AASCA) Australian coffee championships, The Royal Agricultural Society of Victoria (RASV) international coffee awards and many other competitions.
- Detpak AASCA Australian Barista Championship
- Pura AASCA Latte Art Championship
- AASCA Cup Tasting Championship
- AASCA Cup Brewers Championship
- AASCA Ibrik Championship
We’re running Repechage events for baristas who have already competed in their home State for:
- Barista Repechage (best five get to compete with 7 State Barista Champions for a spot inthe Semi-Final)
- Latte Art Repechage (best two get to compete with 6 State Latte Art Champions in the Final)
- Cup Tasting Repechage (best three get to compete with 6 State Cup Tasting Champions in the Final)
- Cup Brewers Open (best five get to compete with the State Brewing Champions in the Final)
The event will also host the inaugural Davinci Coffee-Chain Barista Championship
Latest news: Australia hits the global stage
REGISTRATION for entry to 2012’s Melbourne International Coffee Expo is now open to all our trade visitors.
As an inaugural show promotion, visitors who register within the next month will be offered free entry to the entire event.
By pre-registering, trade visitors will get express entry into the event and will receive all the latest expo news and announcements.
We encourage you to utilise your database and advise your customers and clients to register now to take advantage of the free entry offer. This is the event where all things coffee are under one roof and where serious networking and business will be done.
Click here to register today